of the gaycentric perspective.



not ready to make nice


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



"I made my bed and I sleep like a baby."

The defiant ones are back. The Dixie Chicks (Natalie Maines, Emily Robison and Martie Maguire) recently released the video for "Not Ready to Make Nice." The Crucible-inspired images in the vid resonate with the stirring lyrics and empassioned dixie delivery.

"Tthe stakes were definitely higher on that song," says Robison."We knew it was special because it was so autobiographical, and we had to get it right. And once we had that song done, it freed us up to do the rest of the album without that burden."
And Maines says that "Everything felt more personal this time. I go back to songs we've done in the past and there's just more maturity, depth, intelligence on these. They just feel more grown-up."

B
uzz on the upcoming album, Taking the Long Way, is strong, although select stations are going to "pretend the next single is their first one" as to not "polarize the audience by reopening that old wound." The track currently holds 36th spot on the Billboard Country Charts. [EW & DixieChicks.com]



And on the other side of the pop music spectrum, P!nk says the gay boys are her "go-to for everything" when developing hits like "Get this Party Started" and "Stupid Girls." She gives a great interview in H/X. Also be sure to grab the Junior & Dynamic Mix of "Stupid Girls" over at Popmuse.


2 Responses to “not ready to make nice”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    That is one of the more powerful, politcally-charged pop songs I've heard in a while. My hat is off it the Dixie Chicks.

  2. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Is all the flak surrounding the Dixie Chicks really because they said at a concert that they may be from Texas but they do not agree with George Bush? and radio stations dropped them etc.? All of that drama over that one statement? Or did I miss something? I also don't know why Oprah and Dr. Phil don't talk anymore. ;-)

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • midnight lounge
  • Rochester, New York, United States
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives



Blogads Gossip

Blogads Gossip

I'm a C-list Blogebrity