of the gaycentric perspective.



Comfortable Shoes


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



For those that know me, my home away from home is Provincetown. Eric and I have the dearest of friends that call the end of the cape home and their welcome arms open for us anytime. If it weren't for Kimber and Chuck I don't know if I'd be who I am today. All that I need to remind me of their love is to press play on the ol' iPod and I'm instantly connected to the dunes of Herring Cove.

There was a brief moment in time when Comfortable Shoes were instantly thought of when Provincetown was mentioned. Their jazzy, harmonious numbers were a staple 'round town. Although they would travel all over the northeast, shows in P-town were consistently sold out. They called Provincetown home. As soon as they developed a following, each bandmate found a following elsewhere. The band is no longer together, but the two male vocalists still perform. Peter (an acquaintance of mine) makes regular Mews appearances while Michael is working Broadway (I believe.)

I recently rediscovered their farewell CD Happy Joy. Sure, "Reddy or Not (The Helen Reddy Medley)" and "Dangerous Games" are regular repeats of mine, but the one that always gets me is Michael Holland's discovery of love in "It Gets Away from Me." Get caught up in the rites of spring as you listen. Please, enjoy this gem of a band. I think you'll enjoy it as much as I do.

Comfortable Shoes - It Gets Away from Me (mp3)

Related:
Peter Donnelly
Michael Holland


1 Responses to “Comfortable Shoes”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Thanks for the flashback, Jason. I saw Comfortable Shoes at the boatslip years ago. They were really so good and I miss them.

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • midnight lounge
  • Rochester, New York, United States
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives



Blogads Gossip

Blogads Gossip

I'm a C-list Blogebrity