of the gaycentric perspective.



out of reach


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Here's a little linkage. Pay a visit, say hi. Just come back to where you started:

Dlisted for your daily dose of snarky celebrity breakdowns
Popmuse, because there's limited cool in bloggin' and he's using it all up
RustedArt is finding his bloggin' voice. And I'm listenin'.
Rod 2.0 is my blogcrush. just a little bit (that's what I tell the husband.)
Okay, I'd be lying if I said I only visit Jeff's Weather for doppler readings.
Bob's Yer Uncle isn't really my uncle, but he does tickle me in the bad place....oh, wait.

And because I'm a giver...

It doesn't take overly-dramatic key changes and American Idol-like scatting to make a singer great. Gabrielle, one of the UK's greatest unknown treasures, is an all-time favorite of mine. I thought I'd share a few of my personal favorites, if only to get her in the hands of those that'll love her like me.

Both songs orchestrated a stretch of time in my life a few years ago and still seem to resonate today. Meloncholic and reflective, they each tackle the highs and lows of the loves in our life. Take a moment and download these rare B-side versions. Out of Reach, originally featured on the Bridget Jones' Diary soundtrack, briefly made a dent on the US dance charts thanks an Almighty mix. Rise, containing a subtle Bob Dylan sample, titled Gabrielle's 2000 UK album, which later crossed the seas and landed stateside. Please, enjoy.


3 Responses to “out of reach”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Your too kind ;) Thanks for the praise! I'm just following my passion, and telling it like I see it.
    -RustedArt

  2. Anonymous Anonymous 

    thanks for all your support, ur the best!

  3. Anonymous Anonymous 

    *mwah*

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • midnight lounge
  • Rochester, New York, United States
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives



Blogads Gossip

Blogads Gossip

I'm a C-list Blogebrity