of the gaycentric perspective.



the elephant in the room


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



The Elmira Star Gazette reports on the former Elmiran, John Canemaker, that won the Oscar for best animated short.

If you remember last night's acceptances, this is the man that thanked his partner; a comment left out of the Elmira article, even though the reporter comments on the thank yous the animator doled out.

I'm not a bit surprised by Star Gazette's omission.

Notorious for being the most conservative pub in the pocket of Gannett, Elmira (the town I grew up in) is a hotspot for not noticing the elephant in the room. I remember the Gazette publishing an article about the day in the life of a lesbian couple in northern PA (part of the Gazette's footprint) years ago, only to sympathize with outraged readers post-publication.

...don't even get me started on Brokeback being denied best picture. All I can say is: NEVER underestimate the power of Oprah. Crash was her social pet project, commenting most recently that she felt the movie ought to win best picture so "more people can see it."

And the Dolly loss? speechless.


0 Responses to “the elephant in the room”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • midnight lounge
  • Rochester, New York, United States
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives



Blogads Gossip

Blogads Gossip

I'm a C-list Blogebrity