of the gaycentric perspective.



Midnight Lounge recommends...


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



The heat of the summer brings out the flies at night, and while we spend most of our time swatting those gnats away, this fly's buzz is more than welcome to stick around.

Ben Watt, the musical genius who's one-half of Everything but the Girl with Tracey Thorn, releases his third Buzzin' Fly DJ set today. Buzzin' Fly, Vol 3 takes Watt's DJ'ing into a more contemplative and soulful direction, as spoken word excerpts and chilled house mixes find their way to his crate. And although many of the artists in the mix may not be immediately identified, I have no doubt that Watt's audiophilic tendencies assist in uncovering some of the more interesting cuts of the summer.

Given his previous outtings, I've no doubt this will be a stellar collection. I still find myself pulling out the first two volumes of Lazy Dog when I'm in need of a strong deep house jam.

Buy Buzzin' Fly, Vol 3 at AMAZON

Check out the Special Remixes EP o'er at iTunes

EBTG & Ben Watt related at the lounge:

Flipside
That Voice
Commercial License
She's Back


1 Responses to “Midnight Lounge recommends...”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    i love ben watt, i love deep house!!
    great!!!!

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • midnight lounge
  • Rochester, New York, United States
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives



Blogads Gossip

Blogads Gossip

I'm a C-list Blogebrity