of the gaycentric perspective.



heatwave


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



My work excursion to NYC is going well. The record temps are a bitch, but I'm able to avoid any swelter by stayin' in the office durin' the daytime haze and run from bar to bar at night. The pic to the left is from my office on the 27th floor in Times Square. I'm not suffering as much as Eric. He came into town yesterday, exploring a few of the city staples he's missed in the past as I'm workin' the days. Last night we met up with his niece in the village, gnoshing at the Spotted Pig. Simply delish. The Bono-owned pub was low key and intimate; we dined upstairs in the wedge-shaped booth overlooking an apartment courtyard. It was the perfect retreat from the blistering air. On our way to the village last night, I spotted Xerox salesman and former Apprentice star Nick Warnock at Penn Station. I'm such a TV nerd. Tonight we're meeting up with our dear friends Robert and Stephen, who are hosting a dinner party of four. Can't wait to catch up!

Damn, I miss all the good stuff when I'm away from the computer! Darren Hayes, formerly of Aussie pop group Savage Garden, comes out of the closet by marrying his man of two years in the United Kingdom. Just a few months earlier, ArjanWrites posted an in-depth interview with the ever-elusive singer. He played coy when asked about gay artists having a responsibility to come out.

"I think it is important for gay artists
not to lie about it. I think that is insulting. I think we should give people
their space. Jodie Foster is a perfect example. Is she gay? I don't know.
Probably. But it is a very personal thing for her."

Perhaps another coy (former) pop star will follow suit. Tongues were wagging for weeks after Lance Bass and serial dater Reichen Lehmkuhl were spotted all over Provincetown together.

Speaking of gay drama, be sure to catch Bravo's latest reality show Work Out, getting a soft premiere tonight at 11:00pm. The LA-based show follows a group of fitness trainers working out each others' nerves. Oh yeah, and my girl Jody Watley has a few appearances in the show!

Love him or hate him, Perez Hilton just had quite the milestone. He broke (his own) blogging record by receiving over a million hits in one day. Pretty insane. It's about time he caught up to the numbers midnight lounge sees. [smirk.]

Oh yeah, and the fine folks o'er at Best Gay Blogs were nice enough to nominate lil ol' me as hot blogger of the week. Y'all are so sweet for leaving such nice comments!


1 Responses to “heatwave”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Are you in the Viacom building? I have almost the same view (just 17 floors lower)

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • midnight lounge
  • Rochester, New York, United States
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives



Blogads Gossip

Blogads Gossip

I'm a C-list Blogebrity