of the gaycentric perspective.



LISTen, v2


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



It’s the holidays and y'all are traveling near and far. From grandma’s house or your moms’ second husbands’ family, you need tunes to get you through the dull times. Woudn’t it be delightful if they made an iPod flask? Imogen Heap with grey goose on ice; the holidays would be a blast!

Here’s what the lounge has loaded up on the ipod for the travels:

Everything But the Girl - Adapt or Die:Ten Years of Remixes. I have plugged this album before. It's just as good as it was then.

Madonna - Confessions on a Dancefloor. Honestly, I haven't made my mind up yet on this album. Have you decided?

Pet Shop Boys - Bilingual. In 1996 I bought this CD like any good gay boy should, but hardly digested or understood the contents at the time. Picking it up nearly ten years later, the album couldn't resonate more. Give it a shot. See if you feel the same.

Imogen Heap - Speak for Yourself. Obvious choice. "The Moment I Said It" is a most-played.

Angie Stone - Stone Hits. "I Wasn't Kidding" follows Heaps' song.

hey willpower. Damn you, popmuse. Damn you. I'm hooked.

Goldfrapp - Supernature. Jump on it baby, before ev'ryone else does. This album, with any luck, will blow up this spring in the states!

Peter Donnelly - Express Cafe. A Provincetown chap with a cup full o' soul. This versatile release is a favorite of mine. Check out "Dangerous Games." Oh yeah, and he's cute as hell! Doesn't hurt, eh!

Ashlee Simpson - L.O.V.E. She MUST be stopped! Until then I find this to be my guilty pleasure.

Theresa Sareo. A dear friend of mine with an amazing release. "Wishing" is haunting.

LISTen, v1


5 Responses to “LISTen, v2”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    I just ordered the ROBYN cd. I can't wait to hear it!

  2. Anonymous Anonymous 

    I grew up on PSB.

  3. Anonymous Anonymous 

    I've seen Theresa Sareo here in NYC at a few clubs. Really good.

  4. Blogger Greg 

    Bilingual from Pet Shop Boys and Speak for Yourself from Imogen Heap: GREAT albums!!! Hope you had a Merry Christmas!

  5. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Like most Madonna albums half of it is excellent the other half marginal. If the album concept is "dance" then make a flippin' disco record and leave out the Kabbalah chanting and self pity about your "fame and fortune". Those subjects were fine on "American Life" (which I liked) but not on a toted 100% dance record.
    Where is the fun and innocence once found on "Holiday", "Get Into the Groove" and "Music"??? Madonna, your time is limited - make the most of it.

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • midnight lounge
  • Rochester, New York, United States
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives



Blogads Gossip

Blogads Gossip

I'm a C-list Blogebrity