of the gaycentric perspective.



Shit on the Radio


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...





I’m a big fan of Esthero, a Toronto-based singer / songwriter, who broke into the scene in 1998 with “That Girl.” Her hiatus finally ending, Esthero releases her latest, Wikked Lil' Grrrls, in the states. True to form, Grrrls is a gluttonous mix of trip-hop, electro and soul; a bit chaotic and genre-bending a bit, but none-the-less exciting and fresh.

Ironic that, when Esthero gets googled, the search engine assumes you meant USHER, instead of Esthero. Check out the opening lyrics to “We R in Need of Musical Revolution:”

I'm so sick and tired of the shit on the radio,
and MTV,
they only play the same thing,
no matter where I go,
I see Ashanti in the video,
I want some thing more...

'Though Esthero may not break new ground in demanding a shake up on radio, putting material out there that crosses a few genres may just be a step in the right direction.


About me

  • midnight lounge
  • Rochester, New York, United States
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives



Blogads Gossip

Blogads Gossip

I'm a C-list Blogebrity