of the gaycentric perspective.



Taking the Long Way


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Let's play catch-up:

There's something
extremely intriguing about the fact that 50 Cent is man enuff to get his nails buffed while visiting Cannes. [Rod 2.0]

With first-week sales of more than 500,000, the Dixie Chicks' Taking the Long Way debuts at #1. Simply delicious. I'm a relative newcomer to the Chicks. I find this release to contain some of the strongest material I've heard lately. I recommend it to anyone in need of a shakeup to their iPod.

Superman Returns gets its box office debut bumped. Originally scheduled to fly into theatres July 4th weekend, it's now to debut two days sooner to capture more box office boffo. Some folks "in the know" say it's a strategic move to capture some of the dollars studio execs had hoped to gain from the box-office bomb named Poseidon.

MAC cosmetics celebrates 20 years of Fashion Cares in Toronto this weekend. Scheduled to appear is Jennifer Holiday, (my girl) Jody Watley, Pam Anderson and more. I was hoping to make it but other plans got in the way. If you're in Toronto, GO!

It's a Kathy Griffin blitzkrieg this summer: each time you turn the channel there's a chance you'll land on her. The second season of My Life on the D-List premieres next week on Bravo. She's also got judging duties on NBC's fourth season of Last Comic Standing (a guilty favorite of mine.) Griffin wants OFF the D-list and *you* can help. She'll become a Scientologist for her fans...now that's what I call a giver!

It's back. Fox's summer filler So You Think You Can Dance debuted last week. One dancer in particular stole my heart during the auditions: Victor of the Sickstep crew. He's so damn cute! Be sure to pay a visit to Rickey for your fix of all things Dance.

It's been awhile since I got myself into a movie theatre. We decided to avoid the heat, so Eric and I made it to a showing of X-Men: the Last Stand (heard of it?) last night. I don't need to get into the details of the flick as everyone on this planet seems to have seen it already, but the movie was just as I expected. I knew going that the character of Storm (thanks to a post-sequel best actress Oscar win) would be bolstered more than before and that Wolverine would "save the day" (oops, did I give it away?) Being a fan of the first two, I was satisfied, but not with the same adulation I had for the first two. I adored Kelsey Grammer in the Beast role, and wished they had given us less Storm and more Angel (the gay subtext was brill.) Oh, and Juggernaut and Mystique were strong players too. I guess I'm a cynic but I think I just may miss Bryan Singer having his eye behind the lens, I dunno.

Before the flick, a trailer for My Super-Ex Girlfriend came up. It stars Uma Thurman and Luke or Owen Wilson as boyfriend / super ex-girlfriend. Yawn. Only when Rainn Wilson (Dwight from The Office) had screentime did I seem to perk up. The movie looks forgettable, but I hope Rainns' agent continues to cultivate quirky, off-center roles. Between playing strange on Six Feet Under and The Office, he's got a gimmick and should stick to it.

I am hooked on the CD-swapping site lala. I've discovered old and new music I probably wouldn't have bought otherwise. Right now I'm playin' the hell out of Bette Midler sings the Rosemary Clooney Songbook at the moment. Other swaps I've taken great pleasure in receiving: Pussycat Dolls' PCD (guilty pleasure, don't tell anyone), Wham!'s 1987 farewell disc Music from the Edge of Heaven, and more.


0 Responses to “Taking the Long Way”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • midnight lounge
  • Rochester, New York, United States
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives



Blogads Gossip

Blogads Gossip

I'm a C-list Blogebrity