of the gaycentric perspective.



hollywood homo propogranda


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



V.I.L.E. (Viewers Insulted by Loser Entertainment) protestors picket outside of a Rochester, NY independent theatre with Brokeback Mountain on the marquee. The movie opend at the theatre January 6th.

One V.I.L.E. protester said the film is ruining families. “They're leaving their wives to be with each other, two men and everything like that. That is not what the family is.”

If you'll remember, this isn't the first time the flick has raised a few feathers in the area. Read about a Rochester-based right-wing message board here.


4 Responses to “hollywood homo propogranda”

  1. Blogger rustedart 

    ummm, this movie opened like how long ago. i think they are a little late. haha

  2. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Given the accolades 'Brokeback' keeps piling up, I think the protest group really ought to change its name to VIMAWE (Viewers Insulted by Multiple Award-Winning Entertainment).

  3. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Silliness.... I just don't understand these people...

  4. Anonymous Anonymous 

    The sign the woman is holding in the background of that photo from RNEWS shows the group's ignorance.. and the quote is “It's ruining families,” said V.I.L.E. member Mary Jost. “They're leaving their wives to be with each other, two men and everything like that. That is not what the family is.” Right. Movies only have that much influence over stupid people like her or act as inspiration for people who were planning that change anyway. Its like saying, "After I saw Monster, I became a hooker and murdered my johns."
    Happiness and family are where you find them, and no one else has the right to judge your choices.

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • midnight lounge
  • Rochester, New York, United States
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives



Blogads Gossip

Blogads Gossip

I'm a C-list Blogebrity