of the gaycentric perspective.



blues away


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Erasure prepares to release their 15th studio CD this April. Union Street, an accoustic effort, finds Andy Bell and Vince Clark revisiting their back catalog with a guitarist in-tow.

"We just felt there were songs on our albums that had been missed as songs," says Clarke. "We found this cool guitarist [Steve Walsh] with a cool studio and decided to use both. Steve put the thing together. It was great going back through those songs, some of which I hadn't listened to properly since we made them - suddenly you heard some of the naivety that was in there in the first place."

Some of my personal highlights include a refresh of "Blues Away"
and "Boy." The latter of the two, scheduled to be the first single off the album, hits the charts mid-March.

The rather
comprehensive site contains snippets of two tracks off the release, behind the scenes footage and more.

In case you missed it, you ought to pick up
Andy Bell's most recent solo outing, Electric Blue. I'm still enjoying it. I hear another single is scheduled for this album before promo begins for the Erasure disc....Bell appears to be one busy boy!


0 Responses to “blues away”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • midnight lounge
  • Rochester, New York, United States
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives



Blogads Gossip

Blogads Gossip

I'm a C-list Blogebrity